Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blogroll Update: Introducing PollyTheism

The writer behind PollyTheism offers this introduction.

My name is Stephen Goldin. I'm a science fiction novelist, and I'm responsible for the blog PollyTheism. Polly! is my newest book, a satire of religion. PollyTheism is a mock religion dedicated to Polly, the central character in the book.

Polly may be a god, but she's way cooler than any god you've ever met before. PollyTheism is (probably) the only religion in the history of the world that isn't endorsed by the god it believes in. Being a PollyTheist gains you no advantages whatsoever in real life. No miracles granted. No blessings bestowed. No prayers or thanks accepted.

The blog takes a (I hope) humorous and/or satirical look at religion, and why being a PollyTheist is better than worshiping any other god in the universe. I hope you'll check it out.

If you would like to join the blogroll, click here.

Technorati tags: ,